Buying online auto insurance seems simple but you are new at this. Although you already have a car, the current insurance carrier is too expensive and you want to migrate to a better and affordable service provider. You already know that buying anything online is cheaper so the same rule should apply to online auto insurance. Is there any particular way by which you can choose an affordable online auto insurance provider?
Start by finding a reliable online insurance provider — You should know that every insurance company has a cantion online auto insurance section. Once you have chosen a car, you can visit all these websites and use the online calculators to get a competitive quote. However, before you select a provider, here are a few things you should know.
- Try to choose an insurance provider with whom you already have a policy. For example, if you already have a home insurance policy, visit the provider’s website. There is a very simple reason for this. Insurance companies prefer to retain their own customers and they offer great discounts for existing customers who want more insurance.
- Do not be afraid to bargain. Even if your insurance provider is offering a good rate, compare the deal with other providers. You can also bargain with them to get better discounts and deals. Everyone likes new business and companies are willing to be flexible for new business.
- Use an auto insurance aggregator website like NetQuote. This is a calculator website where visitors enter information about their car, the age of the car, model, etc. The aggregator will then collect the latest information and provide quotes for your car model but from several insurance providers and companies.
What is the company offering for the price?
This is where online insurance deals become lucrative. As you are taking the insurance policy online, the company can offer lower rates and better discounts. However, each company has its own rating system by which it offers a policy and determines the monthly payment. When you apply for the policy make sure you check your driving record, your residential location, safety features and alarms built in to your car, your gender, age and marital status, prior insurance history and vehicular use. Depending on these factors, the provider will usually provide discounts like multi car discounts, married discounts, safety driving discounts, new graduate discounts, hybrid vehicle discounts, etc. This may be combined with AAA vehicular help in case of car breakdowns, optional maintenance, a 12 months rate guarantee, convenient payment options, after hours policy services etc. For motorists, some companies also give freebies services like
- Unlimited rental coverage in which a rental is provided if you have an accident. The rental car costs are covered until your car is repaired.
- Some companies also offer accident forgiveness as a benefit. This is particularly applicable for new drivers as they are more likely to have an accident. The first accident is forgiven and your driving record remains accident and violation free.
- New car replacements are provided if your car is completely damaged in the first year of taking insurance for your new car.
- Lifetime repair guarantee is offered by some companies when you can take an online auto insurance policy. The company will have a list of approved repair shops and repairs and maintenance is done at discounted rates.
This is very simple. The service provider will have an online application form. Once you have filled in the details, and made payments online, an email copy is sent to you. The real policy is mailed to your home directly within a week .
Now that you know how to find an affordable online auto insurance provider, go ahead and find the best online retailer for your car’s insurance. If you’ve done the legwork properly, you will get an affordable provider and a good policy. CNN